Sunday 7 September 2008

Textile Work


I've been trying to develop my textile skills before I take a few workshops in the next few weeks and have made this piece. As yet it is still unfinished, I think a bit of advice on the next move will be sought - hopefully when I go to my first workshop they can give me a bit of guidance. The background fabric is rusted irish linen (lots of steel wool and vinegar) I have to admit to loving rusting fabric. The heart is made up of many layers of silk,linen which I stamped on, chiffon which has been heated to an inch of its former self, scrim, netting and paper with embellishments. It was fun experimenting on how to do this and definitely worth having another go very soon. You can click the image for a more detailed view.

12 comments:

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Really enjoying seeing the progression of this piece Carrie. Wish I could see it in RL...the amount of detail looks amazing.

joanne wardle said...

I always love looking at your work Carrie, the details are so beautiful. you are a very talented lady

Audrey said...

its fab Carrie - am amazing level of detail!

Unknown said...

It looks great Carrie!!!!

Carol Q said...

fab detail Carrie. poor chained heart. I'm like Jo - wish I could see it IRL too.

Alter Me said...

I really, really like this, Carrie.

x
joy

gunnelsvensson said...

This is wonderful !!!

Jen Crossley said...

How beautiful this is Carrie,your work is just amazing I cant wait to see what you come up with next.
Jen

deb said...

This is looking goregous Carrie, fantastic to see how the piece is progressing.

JACKIE M said...

Its Beautiful Carrie the colours compliment each other.

Hazel said...

This is delicate and beautiful, and your attention to detail is amazing; The stitched circles are so precise. I love it!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful !! Fascinating details and such depth with the layers. Your rusting is gorgeous.
Shelly