Saturday 17 May 2008

Distressed?


Old, used, rusty - and that's just me ha ha. I've made this centre piece out of old bits and pieces lying on my table, the very centre piece is an etched piece that was probably over etched but I like how delicate and old it looks, it is layered onto an old torn leather spine of a book which I love. The background under this is a rust patina over distressed paint and its then layered onto a 10x8 canvas board which started its life as something totally different too. I'm not sure if this is finished yet or just what to do with it. I think I will have to look at it for a while. TFL xx

14 comments:

Kaz said...

fantastic artwork Carrie, love the old distressed look.....lol@ it being you...you're a beauuuuuuutiful Corr!
love this piece. x

For the life of me said...

i love this carrie xx

Scrappelise said...

Everything you touch become the most beautiful art! Would like to se it IRL !

Elisa said...

Very distressed! I love the look, it makes me want to touch it to feel the texture.

JACKIE M said...

Beautiful Carrie ,Love the centre and the little watch embellishments.

Emma said...

ooo this is fab Carrie, love the distressed look and the colours you've used!

Mary said...

Lovely work Carrie. Love all the different materials used especially the etching!

Purple Missus said...

This is amazing Carrie - as is all your work. Its a pleasure to look at and as Elisa said, it makes me want to touch it. Was especially interested in the metal etching piece as this is something I am just about to have a go at. Can you recommend any books which go into this subject in detail?

Lisa said...

This is a very interesting piece. All the elements work so well together. I spied the watch parts--a nice touch!

Jen Crossley said...

WOW I love this Carrie amazing its right up my alley
Jen

Audrey said...

its a beautiful piece - doesn't look at all over distressed! But does have a real aged feel ;-)

Sharon said...

Carrie, there are so many beautiful elements and textures to look at. This is another masterpiece.

gunnelsvensson said...

Wonderful art!

deb said...

I love this piece Carrie, you have a wonderful knack with collage work, and this piece is no exception.