Tuesday 18 November 2008

Some workshop work

Well, I had promised a few people I would post what I have been making at the workshops I have taken recently. None of these are completed works but I'm at the learning stages for a lot of textiles work and its fun. I did a silk papermaking class in Lisburn last saturday which I really enjoyed. I did have a play also when I got home to make sure I knew what I was doing but it didn't turn out just I had expected. I think the thickness of the paste might make a bit of a difference so more experimenting needed. Also 2 weeks ago I did some quilting practice and felt beads at a workshop in Dublin which was endless fun, especially when doing it with some friends. The felt beads/millefiori were great fun as I had no idea at all what they would turn out like. I will have to master this art and incorporate all my litte pieces into 'something'. I'm begining to wonder if I will ever make that final 'something' at this stage. Off to London this weekend and then for my final textiles class next week so hopefully more techniques will be on offer. Oh yes, I did have a play with some potatoe mash and bleach on linen which I absolutely loved and have to try to incorporate this into something soon also. :0))))))

5 comments:

Carol Q said...

ooh Carrie, you have the beginning of some wonderful things here. the burnt(?) piece looks like molten lava. I love the idea of the stitched bowls too. new year's resolutely - MUST do some textile classes.

Jen Crossley said...

WOw this looks amazing Carrie,your textile work is stunning.I saw you did a class with Maggie grey I think she came to Australia this year?
Jen

joanne wardle said...

what was that? mashed potato? surely not.
love seeing your works in process, the millefiori look amazing

deb said...

These are all wonderful Carrie, would love to see what they evolve into.

Hazel said...

Fab work- I love the little bowl-shaped piece at the top, and the dramatic coloured one at the bottom, well I love it all! Have done needle-felted beads, but not the millefiori- yours look great, I must try some.