Thursday 28 June 2007

Metal Foil Embossing


For the CS girls - these are two sample cards using metal embossing - mostly free hand. There are lots of moulds and stencils you can use but I like the free hand effect. For the burgundy card I used a fiskars texture plate for the background on metal foil, the wine seal foil (I know there is a proper name for them but I dont know what it is :0))is on the top and freehand embossed. They are coloured with alcohol inks and stazon and then sanded. The first card is the wine seal freehand embossed coloured with alcohol inks and sanded, layered onto watercolour paper distressed with rangers inks and walnut ink with a few splashes of my krylon pen for good measure.

7 comments:

Galina Varese said...

Fabulous! I must learn how to do the same.

Audrey said...

Can't wait to try this out ;-) they are gorgeous. Thanks for introducing me to Wednesday Stamper, I really enjoyed trying out this weeks challenge

Sharon said...

I will HAVE TO try this technique, Carrie - it's very effective. Thanks for the info :)

Seona said...

This is amazing - thanks for the great explanation too, must give it a go :o)

eva birdthistle said...

Oh my, these are like mini works of art! Come to think of it I think i've said that before about your work! You trully are an artist!

Mary said...

Love your embossing Carrie.

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

ooooooooo so gorgeous and tactile..love this!!